Today we are going to teach or readers how to make a DIY Rose Body lotion right at home. This DIY rose body lotion will be made by only adding the olive oil water and a little bit of the emulsifying wax for creating a thick moisturizer for the low cost than the ones you might buy from the market.
Supplies for making the DIY rose body lotion are as follows.
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Canning jars
- Hot water; 12 oz or 375 grams
- Oil; 1.8 oz or 50 grams
- Emulsifier; 1 oz or 28 grams
- Essential oils; ¼ oz or 7 grams
- Preservative; 2.3 to 4.6 grams
The following are 3 of the most widely used preservatives by crafters or small businesses for making natural cosmetics.
- Optipben, which is paraben-free. This should be added last in the formula when the emulsion is cooled down.
- Liquapar Optima, which is paraben-free and is not best if you are making products which might contain paraben. This should also be added last in the formula.
- Germall Plus, which is another paraben-free preservative which does not cause the issues of skin sensitivity in the case of Optipben.
Start by combining both the olive oil and wax in a measuring cup.
Mix them well while the measuring cup is on the stove on low heat until the wax is completely melted. Now add in it few drops of the essential oils. Take a separate container and microwave some water in it for about 1 minute.
Now pour this boiled water in the oil and melted wax mixture. The mixture would now turn to opaque and will not require any more stirring.
Pour this hot opaque looking lotion into the canning jars and seal the jar. Let it sit for the night.
As the lotion is not going to have any preservatives, refrigerate the lotion and look out for the mold.